Al Quaeda, the terrorist organization founded and run by Osama Bin Laden, has set the standard of values for many of the radical right wing in America. Do unto others as they have done unto you seems the common refrain – a refrain based in fear. This is a remarkable mentality given two precepts – we are a country of law and we are a country predominantly Christian. The threat to America is two-fold: Our government came closer to totalitarianism than at any time in our history during the Bush years, and the radical right wing adopted the tactics of Bin Laden. The paranoid delusions of the right wing include arming themselves to defend against our own government.
Watch CBS News Videos Online
The attack on America on September 11, 2001, was one of the most dramatic examples in history of man’s inhumanity to man. The villains broke the fundamental rules of war defined by the Geneva Convention. We call them villains and terrorists because their value system justifies those monikers. The response by the top levels of American government was to lower this great country to the same level of villainy. The leaders of our country openly advocated the dismantling of American values.
The anger welling in the hearts of Americans raged like a California wildfire. Mansions of moral values burned into the new Century. Dick Cheney consciously weighed the options and chose to reduce America to the same tactics, the same brutality, as Al Quaeda. Cheney now readily admits to approving tactics beyond the acceptance of the civilized world:
Dick Cheney has gone on national television several times in recent weeks to brag of his participation in war crimes. As noted in a previous post, Cheney is like Bonnie and Clyde having their picture taken with their arsenal of guns – they dare anyone to do anything about their behavior. Cheney’s remarks serve as affirmation to a radical right wing – Does Mr. Cheney understand the consequences of his fear campaign?
The Radical Right:
Perhaps as disturbing as our loss of government values is the adoption of the guerrilla tactics of Bin Laden by many on the radical right. There is open talk of revolution – an open revolt against the United States. The radical right is adopting the language of Timothy McVeigh - and they are arming themselves with astounding fervor. Osama Bin Laden is a Saudi. He has called for revolution in his home country. Bin Laden is an outcast from Saudi Arabia – as Timothy McVeigh became an outcast of America. Driven by fear of the unknown the radical right is casting themselves out of American society.
Al Quaeda has set the standard of values for America. Bush and Cheney lowered the American values to the standard of Al Quaeda. And the Radical Right defends their tactics by comparing themselves to Al Quaeda. The refrains goes something like this: “How did Al Quaeda treat us? Shouldn’t we treat them the same way?” This logic actually makes sense to the Rush Limbaugh’s and Shawn Hannity’s of the world. And they have a following of around twenty million people. Twenty million dangerous people. Twenty million armed and dangerous people. Reducing the quality of American values serves only the terrorists.
Fear of any faith other than fundamentalist Christianity drives a deeper wedge in the world of humanity. The radical right has adopted the tactic used by Osama Bin Laden of demonizing any faith other than Islam – in the case of the radical right the demon is Islam. They are using statistics as in the following video to distort reality and to scare American Christians. They advocate defining Islam as an infidel faith of great danger to humanity – the flip side of Bin Laden’s currency. The distortion of statistics rests in the redefinition of statistics of population control as statistics of cultural evolution:
This distortion of statistics seeks to shift our assault on terrorism to a holy war between competing religions. That is exactly the frame of reference used by Bin Laden.
The increasing fear of government control of personal ownership of arms is seen as the focal point of government totalitarianism. The radical right defends the 2nd Amendment with language of revolt, language of fear of the United States. The radical right is a real enigma – claiming to be true patriots while calling for a defensive posture against our country. They are preparing for their own holy war – they advocate the U. S. constitution be adapted to fundamentalist Christian values. Like Osama Bin Laden – only their interpretation of the religion will suffice – they fear anything else. The idea of freedom of religion is cast aside, while the freedom to bear arms is magnified.
The following video suggests that Charlton Heston was speaking directly about President Obama. The video suggests that Charlton Heston would advocate armed opposition to President Obama.
Again, we remind our readers of Timothy McVeigh. McVeigh was a decorated army veteran of the Gulf War. His personal paranoid emotional disturbance led him to believe in the United States as the enemy. While claiming patriotism, he set his course on attacking the government. His claim – exactly the same as the modern radical right.
The radical right is so immersed in this logic that they cannot see themselves – they cannot see that they have become the central threat to the American way of life.
There is a growing fear, widespread in the radical right community, that President Obama is going to use some natural disaster as an excuse to proclaim Martial Law – to use our military to force the final takeover of our country by the ‘liberals.’ Here are some of the preparations the radical right is advocating in the event of Martial Law. Check out the paranoia that permeates the logic:
- Prepare before any declaration of martial law by becoming self reliant. You may become subject to a bureaucratic system and be prepared to stay one step ahead of it which is easy to do if you are prepared and in a position to be self reliant. You may also face mob rule, chaos, panic, or a complete breakdown in law and order. Survival situations may be easier to handle in rural areas than urban.
- Avoid areas of marital law. Can be imposed due to natural disasters or man caused events. Important to have a retreat or place in a rural area away from populated areas.
- Create alliances with like minded neighbors or community members that share your views. Team work and numbers may help your situation.
- Become transparent in the sense that you do not draw attention to yourself or your family. For instance, do not tell people that you are storing food just store food. Be prepared to render assistance to neighbors if need be. You never know when you will need them.
- Remain calm! Do not panic.
- Avoid areas of civil unrest if possible. If caught in civil unrest take appropriate action.
- Get informed and stay informed. Understand martial law can be a temporary crisis or an extended one. In extreme cases the shape of a whole nation can change.
- Declaration of martial law means your rights are suspended and it is government by decree. Your constitutional rights may no longer apply. This could mean a state of National Emergency.
- People can be arrested and imprisoned indefinitely without charges.
- Freedom of speech and freedom of assembly can be suspended, and censorship of the media imposed.
- Gun ownership will also come under severe attack during marital law. We could see house to house searches by the military or National Guard looking for guns and seizing any they find along with stored food.
- Take a stand on issues and make a choice that fits your beliefs and the situation. Do you believe as Patrick Henry, “Give me liberty or give me death?” Realize you may have some hard choices to make. Understand you may have to sacrifice your principles on trivial matters or take a hard stand. Always remember that you may have to come back and fight another day.
The modern radical right is a different animal than the conspiracy theorists of the past. As evidenced by the videos attached to this post, the modern conspiracy theorists are using technology to affirm their distortions of truth. And the modern conspirator has the means of rapid communications with his comrades.
Even the mass communications potential would not in itself be threatening. The real problem today is in the Phenomenon of Modern Guns. The paranoid conspirators of modern America are arming themselves with some of the most destructive weapons ever conceived by man.
We are not talking about a single deranged man like McVeigh, or like Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver. We are talking about 20,000,000 armed and dangerous people who believe they are the angels who will deliver a Totalitarian Christian Theocracy – and somehow maintain the values of the United States of America.
When we package the radical right conspiracy theories together, when we consider a theocracy, a holy war, totalitarian control by Dick Cheney, fanatical gun ownership, mass communications, and masterful technological distortion of statistics – we are packaging a recipe for danger in America.Book Mark it-> del.icio.us | Reddit | Slashdot | Digg | Facebook | Technorati | Google | StumbleUpon | Window Live | Tailrank | Furl | Netscape | Yahoo | BlinkList